Easy Recipe for Outrageously Delicious Oatmeal
Its a start of a new year. This usually means new resolutions. Our top resolutions may be to lose weight, eat healthier, or actually use our gym membership. I know I am trying to get to the gym more often, eat better, & making healthier meals for my family.
Let’s start off with a hearty breakfast. This will help you energize & keep your body “fueled” for the day. Oatmeal is a good source of fiber to help with digestion & packed with many nutrients.
Hearty, Healthy Oatmeal
I tweaked Jessica Seinfeld’s “Deliciously Deceptive” recipe for Oatmeal.
- 2 cups 100% Whole Grain Oats
- 2 cups of Skim Milk
- 1 1/2 cup Boiling Water
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Applesauce
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
- (Serves 4)
1. Boil Water in a saucepan or a stove-top kettle. We will add ingredients to a microwave-safe bowl. It helps control consistency & thickness of oatmeal.
2. Add Whole Grain Oats to bowl. Pour Water over Oatmeal slowly & stir to desired consistency.
3. Add Skim Milk & Applesauce to desired creaminess. Top off with Cinnamon, Light Brown Sugar, & Dried Cranberries.
Some substitutions/variations are 1/2 can of pureed pumpkin, 1/2 cup pureed sweet potato/yams, 1 cup evaporated milk, sliced bananas, fresh blueberries, 1 tbsp peanut butter, pumpkin pie spice, chopped walnuts, sliced almonds, golden raisins, & pure maple syrup.