The Mac faithful have two Apple laptops to choose from: iBook and PowerBook. Whether you want to edit your home movies on the road or need a portable computer for school, you'll find a selection of Apple laptops to fit your needs on Halfvalue
Apple laptops come in two flavors: iBook and PowerBook. They can have older G3 processors or newer G4 processors.
- Apple iBook: Less expensive and less powerful than the PowerBook, iBook has everything you need to go online, work on papers, and play MP3s. iBooks also have smaller screens (12-inch and 14-inch) than PowerBooks. The 14-inch screen has a maximum resolution of 1024x768, just what you need to get typical computing tasks done.
- Apple PowerBook: Apple PowerBook does everything the iBook can do and more. It's more powerful than iBook and has larger screen options, making it a better choice for anyone who plans to work with video, audio, or high-resolution images.
Select Apple laptop features
Consider an Apple laptop's components before you buy.
- Hard drive: A computer's hard drive stores all your programs and files. A drive with a higher storage capacity (measured in GB) lets you save more data than a drive with a lower storage capacity. You only need 20GB to 60GB of hard drive space if you only plan to store your operating system, programs, documents, and a few photos. You'll want at least 80GB if you plan to save a lot of large files such as high-resolution images, movies, or your entire music collection. Additional external hard drives also work well for data backup purposes and for storing large files.
- Memory: Programs, including operating systems, need a certain amount of memory (RAM) to run, with more RAM providing better performance. If you want to run OS X and the latest software, make sure the laptop meets minimum system requirements for the software you want to run. For example, to run iDVD 5, you need a 733 MHz (or faster) G4.
- Drives: Apple laptops can feature a SuperDrive that can write to CD or DVD media or a ComboDrive that can play back DVDs and write to CD media.
- Ports: Apple laptops typically include an Ethernet port for connecting to a network and FireWire ports that allow you to transfer information from external devices, such as the iPod, at high speeds. Many also have analog in out, DVI-out, or S-video out so that you can watch video from your laptop on a television screen, for example.
- Wireless networking: The latest Apple laptops have built-in AirPort Extreme that allows your laptop to access wireless home networks and Wi-Fi HotSpots as well as Bluetooth, a form of short-range wireless networking that allows your laptop to exchange information with other Bluetooth-enabled devices such as PDAs and cell phones.
- Touchpad: Traditionally, laptop computers do not include a mouse. Apple laptops feature a touchpad that allows you to scroll through documents and webpages.
- Software: Apple laptops generally include an email client (Mail), calendar program (iCal), video-conferencing software (iChat), and many come with iLife, a software suite that includes iPhoto image-editing software, iMovie video-editing software, iDVD DVD mastering and burning software, iTunes digital music management software, and GarageBand sound-editing software.
- Graphics card: A graphics card processes video, freeing up memory (RAM) for other system tasks.
Find Cheap apple laptops on HalfvalueYou can find cheap apple laptops deals at halfvalue.com. Simply search for apple laptops and click on the product link you are interested in. We provide you with the product details as well as list all the stores that sell cheap apple laptops online so you can easily compare prices and find the cheapest apple laptops deals online.
Popular Searches in apple laptops
apple laptops computers price, apple laptop computers sale, pink apple laptop computers, apple macbook laptop computers, pink laptop apple computers, laptop computers apple pink, best buy apple laptop,